Garston Proactive Farmers for healthy herds & flocks
At Garston Vets in Frome, we pride ourselves in helping to develop and maintain healthy and productive farms. Our Garston Proactive Farmers programme is designed to work with proactive farmers who want to excel in their field and take their business to the next level.
‘Garston Proactive Farmers’ offers a structured approach to preventative veterinary medicine. Our experienced Farm Vets will coordinate the calendar of healthcare bespoke to your farm in a timely manner, to meet the requirements of farm assurance whilst improving health and production and making your business more profitable.
Our Garston Proactive Farmers programme provides a framework for an interactive service between vet and farmer, enabling a team approach to problem-solving with an emphasis on disease prevention. Strengths and weaknesses will be recognised so we can tailor the service to your individual farm’s needs.
If you’re interested in becoming a Garston Proactive Farmer, contact our team.
Garston Proactive Farmers – What’s Involved?
Do you want to prevent problems before they occur? Are you open to trying new techniques and monitoring change? If so, Garston Proactive Farmers could be right for you. Work with us to create your farm-specific calendar and get started.
A selection of the benefits are listed below, please contact the practice for a comprehensive description of each package:
- Bespoke youngstock service including setting goals & targets, feeding regime development & treatment protocol creation.
- Antibiotic review – how to reduce antibiotics used on your farm.
- Transition cow management including building & husbandry assessment and routine blood sampling.
- 25% off our Healthy Feet Program.
- Locomotion & body condition scoring with report and analysis.
- Milk quality & udder health benchmarking.
- Annual Herd Health Plan – to meet Red Tractor Farm Standards – Identify targets and priorities.
- Antibiotic review – how to reduce and target the use of antibiotics.
- Bull MOT – full assessment.
- Benchmarking – annual fertility parameters analysed against peers and reviewed as a group.
- Bespoke worming programme.
- Disease surveillance and management tailored to your herd.
- Annual flock health plan & data analysis.
- Metabolic profiling pre-lambing to reduce the risk of lambing disease and nutritional deficiencies.
- Check barren ewes for toxoplasmosis and EAE.
- Discounted vasectomies and ram fertility testing.
- Nutrition assessment.
Additional Proactive Farmer Benefits Include:
- Interactive meetings with priority hospitality for Proactive Farmers.
- Garston Proactive Farmers gilet on signup.
- Annual Frome Show family ticket.
- 15% off list price for all IAE products at Read Agriservices Ltd.
- Branded ring binder to store your proactive reports.
- Each Proactive Farmer will be invited to our annual exclusive hospitality day.
- Proactive Rewards – exclusive offers for Proactive Farmers!
Why not take a look at more of our farm animal services?
We would like to thank the following companies for supporting Garston Proactive Farmers: